Wednesday, August 20, 2008

dilemma

So what do you do when you've written a song that says EXACTLY what you want and need it to say, but is rather hard-hitting and, shall we say, forceful... And it is a song that you love to sing and would like to sing more often, but it is definitely geared for a different kind of context and does not really fit into the format of the kinds of performances you usually do... and would definitely surprise and quite possibly offend...

I opened my set at Cornstalk with it, and it was absolutely right. I used a slightly tweaked version to begin my concert at the music camp on Monday, and I think it was rather disconcerting...

Don't know when I'll get the chance, or the nerve, to sing it in public again...

hmmm...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:42 AM, Blogger Tim Chesterton said...

Maybe you're being nudged in the direction of exploring a different type of venue...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home