Saturday, March 07, 2009

a multiplicity of musicians

After that musical conversation with the brothers at Weston Priory...

Two nights ago in Charlottesville I did a joint concert with Jonathan, a singer-songwriter and good friend (we go back a long way, to riding around in the back of a pick-up truck as teenagers in Bolivia).

My contact person and coordinator-person-and-sound-tech-and-conversation guy for the Harrisonburg concert last night was Matthew, a composer.

Tonight I'm staying in the Washington DC area at the home of Adam and Maria - Adam is a hymn-text writer whose first book of hymns is being published by GIA very shortly (he showed me the proofs. He also showed me a couple of my songs that have been published in a new John Bell book of "global songs for children" and the new Church Hymnal 4th Edition of the Church of Scotland... I hadn't seen them there yet...)

And you thought I was touring as a "solo musician"...! Ha!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home