Tuesday, December 09, 2008

the last shall be first

Saturday night's house concert was my last performance of 2008. It's been quite a year, as you can see. I'm grateful. 2009 is shaping up to be very full and varied as well (not sure when I'll get around to posting the beginnings of the 2009 performance schedule).

Saturday night's event was also, I hope, a "first." I had never done a "house concert" before, and we were experimenting with a unique "smalltall" format, with an initial 1-hour set of especially child-oriented music, and then a break for refreshments and visiting, and then childcare was provided at a friend-and-participant's house just down the street, and we did a second set with just the adults.

I had a blast, and my sense is that the group did too. I think people expected to come for a fun time, and had that, and were a bit surprised at the intensity of the "inspirational" element of the experience as well. I know I was.

That adult setting was especially a highlight for me, as it gave me a chance to do some songs that I've never (in three cases) or rarely (in one other) performed in public before, and that don't really "fit" in the context of more typical concert or worship settings...

I'm hoping to do more of these house concerts. Please let me know if you're interested.

Now it's time for a bit of a change of pace, and to focus more on recording for the next two months. Looking forward to what might emerge from that process as well!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Colleen McCubbin said...

I love doing house concerts. I did a 2 month tour of them a year ago in the fall and plan on doing more and more and more ...

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Jonathan Reuel said...

Seems like a great format to allow you to more clearly bring several sides of who you/what you do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home