Saturday, October 21, 2006

what does it mean?

Judging by a couple of initial responses to my last post, I'm curious about what else people might think that little poem means. I'm inclined to say, in the words of a thoughtful person whom I greatly respect (OK, it's me...):

"How should I know what it means? I only wrote it. "What it means" is for the community to decide..."

Hmmm...

This evening we're gathering from all around the GTA for 3 hours of walking through Acts 1 and 2 together - eating, praying, singing, telling stories... and waiting to see what the Spirit might say and do... Kinda scary, but I'm looking forward to it.

I'm also figuring on trying out a new Pentecost song...

"...Amazed and confused, they kept asking each other, "What does this mean?"..." (Acts 2:12)

"...When the people heard this, they were deeply troubled and said to Peter and the other apostles, "What shall we do?"..." (Acts 2:37)

2 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the evening sat. oct 21. I thoughtnthe organizers chose the subect well and were bold to do so. Music was a big part of the eve. Brian. Thanks,

Jay

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

about that poem - since you've asked ...
it seems to me that rest (quiet) is just as important as the busy (noise) for a full life (music). i'm sure somebody has said it better already, maybe in a poem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home