Monday, September 14, 2009

9000 km 24 hours earlier than expected

I know the title for this post is incomprehensible, but it does sound kind of dramatic, don't you think? The underlying facts being:

1) I will soon embark on another long-distance riding-the-rails-to-sing-my-songs odyssey, this time from Toronto to Vancouver and back (back-of-envelope calculations with the numbers on the VIA railroad map yield the 9000 km figure... just over 9000 km, actually). Articles like this and this have begun popping regarding said trip...

2) Julie astutely pointed out that Sept. 15, the date on my train ticket for my departure from Union Station, is not in fact Wednesday (which is what I've been telling everyone for some time), but Tuesday.

Needless to say I've got a few things to do before then... so my next post will likely be from Winnipeg (you can see my almost-up-to-date itinerary here)...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Colleen McCubbin said...

That's tomorrow!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Bryan Moyer Suderman said...

Sure is!

Just got my supply of train food and fresh guitar strings... Here we go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home