Thursday, February 18, 2010

new song for lent

Yesterday I sent out a new song to the members of my "community supported music" initiative. It's a setting of Jesus' prayer in the Garden of Gethsemane... and a way for us to sing the "wrestling match" between two prayers that I believe we NEED to pray - both of them - while acknowledging the fact that they may sometimes be in tension with each other:

"Please take this cup from me."

"Yet not my will, but yours."

Not easy stuff.

I also sent a new arrangement of "You're Not Alone," a song of solidarity in the midst of suffering... and particularly fitting, it seems to me, during this Lenten season, as we again experience God's solidarity with us in our suffering... and as we are called to learn what it means to be in solidarity with one another, across the street and around the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home