Monday, January 11, 2010

it's a strange start...

... when the first day back after the holidays, eager to make progress on all those projects that have been simmering on the back burner, I jammed and dislocated my left index finger playing basketball. No bones are broken (although I can now confirm that they are remarkably resonant when pulled back into place by qualified medical staff), but the finger is still swollen, sore, and not very mobile - it's going to be at least a couple of weeks before I can play guitar.

Thankfully my next performance isn't until February 14, and the extended spring tour doesn't swing into gear until a few weeks after that. The doctor and physiotherapist told me today that I should be "good to go" by then. The writing and recording I'd been planning for January and February... well, we'll just have to see how it goes.

2010, here we come!

1 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure there's a website like http://www.thevirtualpiano.com/ that allows you to play guitar at the push of a keyboard key.

Good luck healing and at least you injured yourself doing something cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home