Wednesday, October 28, 2009

a new one

Pete Seeger, Paul Simon, John Denver, Woody Guthrie, John McCutcheon, Raffi, Stan Rogers, Roger Whitaker, Bruce Cockburn, Steve Bell, John Bell, Chuck Neufeld, Tom Paxton, Bob Franke, Fred Penner, Graham Kendrick, Kris Kristofferson, James Keelaghan...

And the most recent one, as of this past Sunday: Jack Johnson.

This is a quick off-the-top-of-my-head list of names that people have referred to after one of my performances, saying "You know, you (or "your voice" or "your music") really reminds me of __________."

Invariably this is meant as (and I am glad to accept it as) a compliment. It's fun to hear from people what they hear in my music that connects with other music and musicians that they love.

Presumably there might also be those that would say "You (or "your voice" or "your music") really reminds me of _________, and I think they suck." But thankfully no one has actually come up to me and said that. Yet.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home